National Student Bursaries Scheme 2018/19
13th September 2018
The GAA have again reiterated their commitment to the ongoing educational development of its players and members by announcing details of the 2018/2019 GAA National Student Bursary scheme.
Now in its eleventh year, the GAA has invested over €2million in the past decade that the Bursary Schemes have been in existence.
The scheme is open to members of the Association who are only attending a full-time Higher Education course
The schemes are administered by the respective Provincial Councils and recipients will again be selected based on a range of criteria, including their playing, coaching or administrative commitments to the GAA. A number of awards in each province will be reserved for those excelling in the areas of coaching and administration.
Ulster GAA welcomes applications from those students from our province regardless whether their attendance is at a college inside or outside of Ulster. Applicants must:
- be attending a full time undergraduate course at a University or third level College;
- be eligible, under Comhairle Ardoideachais Constitution and Bye Laws, to play in Higher Education GAA Competitions;
- be in their second year of study, or above, i.e. ‘freshers’ are ineligible to apply;
- not be in receipt of any other Bursary/Scholarship or Sports Academy Scholarships, where they are in receipt of ‘in kind’ benefits;
- be actively involved in their Higher Education GAA Club;
Students who have received an award from the Ulster GAA Student Bursary Scheme in the past are ineligible to apply for a second award.
Senior Inter-County players who were on their County’s Senior Panel in 2018 should apply for Bursaries via the Gaelic Players Association; further information at www.gaelicplayers.com.
Applications in Ulster for the scheme will be considered by a sub-committee of the Ulster Council.
Application forms for this year’s scheme are available to download below. Students should apply using the relevant application form to the Provincial Council of their home GAA Club.
All completed forms should be returned to the relevant details on the application form and the closing dates for applications is Friday October 5th.
Application forms will be downloadable online from:http://ulster.gaa.ie/2018/09/national-student-bursaries-scheme-2018-19/