19th May 2020
The deadline for the £25,000 Retail, Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure Grant is this Wednesday 20th May 2020.
ALL clubs are strongly encouraged to check their eligibility for this grant using the following link: https://www.covid-19smallbusinessgrants.economy-ni.gov.uk/BusinessGrant25K/
- Sports Clubs are included on the list of eligible applicants
- Net Annual Value (NAV) must be between £15,001 and £51,000.
- Scheme closing date: 20 May 2020
- You can find the rateable value (NAV) of your property by searching the non-domestic Valuation List. https://apps.spatialni.gov.uk/LPSNonDomesticValuationList/index.html
- Full information can be found HERE (https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/coronavirus-%C2%A325000-retail-hospitality-tourism-and-leisure-grant)
Micro-business Hardship Fund
A new new Hardship Fund was announced last week with up to £40 million available for businesses - some clubs may be eligible - that meet the following criteria:
- At 29 February 2020, they must have employed between one and nine employees paid via PAYE.
- Since 1 March 2020, a reduction in turnover in excess of 40% as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic or associated Government restrictions.
Note that other non-repayable Government grants related to COVID-19 will be taken into account and will be deducted, where applicable, from the final grant awarded. Further details can be found at https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/coronavirus-ni-micro-business-hardship-fund