Performance Analysis and Public Relations Internships
15th February 2017
We are seeking suitable candidates in the areas of performance analysis and public relations for an internship during the 2017 season. This is an excellent opportunity for aspiring individuals to gain real life experience working with Antrim GAA.
The suitable candidate will have a interest in one or more of the following:
* Gaelic football/hurling
* Sports performance analysis
* Public relations
* Social media
* Video editing
* Data manipulation and visualisation
Performance analysis internship
The performance analysis intern will be mentored by one of Antrim’s current performance analysts. The intern will work as part of a larger team providing frequent video and analytical reports on performance and progress, as well as assisting the coaches to identify significant trends and areas for improvement. The specific role will include
• Develop innovative media content, while ensuring messages are informative and in line with Antrim GAA values,
reflect a combination of the interests of the applicant and that of the needs of Antrim GAA.
While this is a voluntary internship, Antrim GAA will be investing in your professional development including full training to the candidate on the analysis package being used with the squads along with enrolling you on two courses as part of the programme, both awarding body endorsed and professionally Recognised, which are:
* Advanced CPD in Sport Performance and Analytics
* Advanced CPD in Global positioning systems
Public Relations internship
The marketing intern will be mentored by Antrim PRO Sean Kelly. The intern will work as part of a team looking to increase engagement with its audience. The specific role will reflect a combination of the interests of the applicant and that of the needs of Antrim GAA.
• Develop innovative media content, while ensuring messages are informative and in line with Antrim GAA values
• Understand the social media universe including Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Twitter, blogs and video operation etc.
• Coordinate the publication of written, video and visual content.
All Candidates require:
– Access to transport
– Access to a computer to use as part of their duties
– An ability to work to deadlines
– A commitment to the process for the entire length of the internship
– A familiarity with both windows and mac operating systems
All applicants must send a CV to email@example.com along with a short explanation of what are their interests and why they are interested in the role. Applicants may send additional evidence to demonstrate their ability to carry out the role.